Tuesday, September 21, 2021

My Egg Drop project

Today i completed the egg challenge.  I made two different contraptions one of them was a foam shell and the other one was a parachute.
The foam shell was made with foam and some tape. The parachute was made with foam string and paper. we then tested the egg drop from 3 metres.  The eggs both survived from 3 metres onto the grass and then we tried from about 2 metres on to something hard which was our deck. When we did our egg drop onto our deck from 2 meters both of the eggs survived.  




6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Caleb,

    What a cool activity! I would have loved to see a video or picture of it.

    I like how you have used the word - survived. I wonder if you can reread your blog and find 2 places you can put capital letters.

    Looking forward to the next blog post,
    Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Caleb!

    The parachute is a really creative way to help an egg survive from 3 and 2 meters.

    I really thought the eggs were going to break when it was falling from 2 meters onto a deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool project Caleb, I really like how you explained what you used to keep the eggs safe. I also like how you told us that they survived. Could you possibly add a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a parachute is a really creative idea, it's like in real life when a person goes sky diving and uses a parachute to get safely down. I also think adding a picture or video can help the reader imagine the egg surviving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Caleb

    This sounds like it would have been a fun experiment! 3 metres is really high! I’m surprised they didn’t crack!

    Do you think if you had dropped it from 3 metres in the deck they would’ve survived?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caleb,
    I really wish I had the same task as you!I think the parachute contraction is a smart idea.How slow/fast did the parachute egg go?

    ReplyDelete